Translate

Tuesday 10 July 2012

About Driving With The Top Down

     Want to add another novel to your summer reading?  I’d like to recommend one of my own fiction books, Driving With The Top Down, currently available on Amazon.com as an eBook.  Sometimes people wonder where I get ideas for some of my books.  Strangely, this one came almost out of the blue.  It all started one cold winter day while I was sitting in church and something gave me a wonderful and wild idea for a women’s Christian fiction book.  It isn’t your typical romance novel, although there’s some romance included; rather it’s a playful book with a premise that challenges us to think outside the parameters of our comfortable, known world.  Driving with the Top Down is a departure from my usual inspirational non-fiction books.  The idea of female friendship under fire appealed to me and the thought of putting three close friends together in a most unusual setting formed the basis for the story.  The thought of pulling up stakes and living out of a suitcase has always been an appealing and playful idea to me, and so I wanted to explore what might happen if my characters actually had the idea and then carried it out.
     What resulted is that they find themselves involved in a search, not so much for the familiar things of home, but for that very instinctual need for continuity and purpose that we all strive for.  At the outset we discover that the challenge is: Do we find purpose in a traditional home environment, in a place where everybody knows us, or can we find it outside of our familiar comfort zone, or what can easily become a rut?
     Driving with the Top Down offers an interesting paradigm — What would happen if?  Find out what happens when three middle-aged characters take this challenge seriously, set out for the open road, and find “home” in the most unusual places.

     If you get lost on Amazon, just go to my webpage, www.creativefocus.ca
and there’s a link that will take you to my author’s page on Amazon.com.  Here you will find all my eBooks currently available for sale at greatly reduced prices! 

Note:  You don’t have to buy a Kindle to access my books.  Just go here to download a free copy of the Kindle for your pc, Apple, and most other devices.

     If you happen to download Driving With The Top Down, and you read it and enjoy it, please take a moment to post a review on Amazon.com.  Thank you and enjoy your summer reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment